This year, we need more of the good stuff. 2016 and 2017 were both really weird years, and while they had their good moments, 2018 still needs to be different. With that in mind, here are 10 things I think we need more of this year.
1. Long conversations with the people who mean the most to us.
2. Kind honesty. Saying what you think and believe but not doing so in a cruel manner.
3. Houses filled with music.
4. Listening to someone with a different opinion without thinking about you're going to prove the wrong. Listening to understand, and then trying to be understood.
5. Long walks outside when the air is the perfect balance between windy and still.
7. Coffee in coffee shops and tea in window sills.
8. Ideas that seem crazy and unrealistic. Because those are the best ones.
9. Doing the thing that scares you when you know it'll be worth it.